The Foundation Pain-Hope is an organization for people with chronic pain, by people with chronic pain, which was founded in 1988 by 5 people with chronic pain.
In the meantime the Foundation Pain-Hope has developed into an important support- and information point for people with chronic pain, but also for many workers in healthcare.
Our objectives are:
- Acknowledgement of chronic pain as a separate disorder and handicap
- More attention and support for people with chronic pain
- Better knowledge of general practitioners and specialists concerning the phenomenon chronic pain
- More attention to the subject chronic pain at educations in the health care.
- The appointment of specialized pain nurses and practical assistants
- Establishing a coordinating organization where everyone who works in the field of pain suppression – pain policy and pain research can participate
- Make an inventory of who does – where – what in the Netherlands in the field of pain suppression
- Formulating of quality requirements for pain practitioners – (poli)clinics – hospitals or other institutions which are operative in the field of pain treatment
All our employees are people who themselves are suffering from some sort of pain that for some reason does not cease.
Nowadays the Foundation Pain-Hope operates with more than 20 volunteers for a better quality of life for people with chronic pain.
They are achieving this by:
- organizing meetings for fellow-sufferers and others who are interested in the matter, whether on a professional basis or not
- organizing readings and training hours at health care organizations or other patients’ associations
- providing information on pain and pain treatment
- organizing workshops to learn to handle chronic pain.
The Foundation Pain-Hope releases the brochure “About life with chronic pain” concerning tools to handle pain and publishes the trimester booklet “Newsletter” 4 times per year with information, book discussions and other interesting pieces of information regarding pain. The newsletter also communicates locations and dates regarding the fellow-sufferer meetings and the phone numbers where you can get further information or a consultation with someone who knows what it means to have to live with pain on a daily basis.
For further information you can write to:
Secretarial office Foundation Pain-Hope: Honthorstlaan 39, 1816 TA Alkmaar
Telephone: 0031725119685 or visit this site: www.pijn-hoop.nl.